Saturday, September 26, 2009

6 septembre 2009

I had the best weekend in London! It was very cold though – I’m talking 50 to 60 degrees, fahrenheit not celsius. It was my first time not checking any luggage – I packed everything I needed in my carry on Northface, hard to believe I know! But, I only packed summer-ish things so that came back to bite me. Lou Lou, Syra, and I saw “The Mountain Top” at Trafalgar Studios Friday night and I loved it. The entire play is in one room, room 306 of the Lorraine Motel in Memphis where Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated. It was a two-man show – MLK, Jr. and a motel maid. The play was especially powerful and I’m so glad I was able to see it – it closed in London Saturday night. I realized how little I knew about MLK, Jr.’s “I’ve been to the mountaintop” address and have been doing my reading since. Saturday, I got to see Emmmmm!! Her school, flat, roommates are all so great. It was really neat to be able to see where she’ll be living and going to class everyday. Lou Lou and I walked the Heath and Hampstead before picking up oven-baked pizza, cookies, Corona and limes for dinner J Em, some of her flatmates, and I ended the night in a karaoke bar in Islington and had a really good time.

It’s hard to believe the summer is coming to an end… I’ve had such an amazing time traveling these last few weeks and wouldn’t have changed anything. Thanks Pops and Dear for letting me have this adventure – it was incredible and once in a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment