Sunday, September 13, 2009

27 août 2009

We slept in again today, but woke up to a beautiful morning. Delores, Emilie’s GPS, led us to Cassis, France where we spent our afternoon on a boat tour of the Calanques, wondering around the seaside town, eating gelato, and jumping off cliffs into the chilly and very salty Mediterranean! The Calanques – natural cliffs formed by river mouths – are incredible! We rode in and out of the Calanques on a tour, surrounded by the bluest of waters. I literally had to hold Emilie’s hand crossing some parts of the cliffs, before I got the courage to jump. It’s really funny actually – I claim I’m going to go skydiving this semester and then I get spooked jumping off a measly cliff! It was so great though and I’m so glad I jumped.. The weather wasn’t on our side for long and it started to rain so we packed up and headed back to Fos to swim at Opa and Oma’s. We went to a local Vietnamese restaurant for dinner – my first time eating Vietnamese – and I LOVED it! I got Oma’s favorite, boeuf à la citronelle, and it was fantastic! We did apple-flavored shisha in a Moroccan tent on the beach after our beurre-sucre and nutella crêpes for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment