Saturday, September 26, 2009

2 septembre 2009

I’m in Fribourg and all moved into my room! Living out of a suitcase gets a little tiresome after a while. I got here early evening of the 1st. As soon as I got into my foyer, it started storming (first thunder and lightning I’ve experiences this trip).. weather not fitting at all for how I was feeling. I felt the complete opposite – blue skies and sunshine would have been more appropriate. It is just hard to believe that this day, this time, this moment are finally here – the moment where the thrills of summertime are almost gone, where traveling throughout Europe with one of my very best friends is almost over, and where I’m alone in this place where I’ll be until Christmas. A moment I had done my best all summer, and probably even longer, to prepare for – a moment that I don’t really think you can prepare for.. But, a moment I made it to and was happy to be in, right then and right there. This time in Fribourg is the ultimate adventure – one I’m so ready to take and one I need to take. I know it’s not always going to be a walk in the park – it’s going to be challenging, it already has been, but I’m ready. I’m going to take it day by day and try to make the most out of every moment I have here. I just still can’t believe I’m finally here!!

It worked out amazingly – Leah and I were on the same train, Munich to Fribourg, for 7 hours! She had much farther to go after the train dropped me off in Fribourg, but it was still so great and unexpected to have a little 7 hours on the same train. The little I saw of Fribourg, when it wasn’t raining, is beautiful! You can see the Alps in every direction you look. Someone in the train station told me 19,000 people live in the dowtown area and nearly 13,000 are students – very similar to Oxford! I have some time to kill before orientation and classes begin so I’m off to London for a long weekend to see Lou Lou and Emily (just arrived in London!) and I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment