Sunday, September 13, 2009

26 août 2009

I cannot say thank you enough for Emilie’s invitation and Opa and Oma’s kindness! Opa and Oma are two of the most hospitable and kind people I know – it’s just such a treat to be back in Fos-sur-mer! I cannot believe it was a whole year ago that I came here for the first time to stay with Emilie and her sweet grandparents, Opa and Oma. We slept in this morning and then went to lunch at dare I say the best restaurant ever: le Pili Pili! I tried moules-frites for the first time at le Pili Pili last summer when Opa told me they were amazing and they easily became my favorite meal. I LOVED them just as much today and even made Leah try a mussel.. not her favorite J The mussels are soaked in a white wine, cream, and onion sauce, served with a bowl of french fries.. SO good. In the afternoon, Emilie, Ann, Leah, and I walked around Martigues, where Emilie was born and her parents were married. We came back to Opa and Oma’s to drink le vin blanc avec le sirop de cassis, eat pizza by the pool, and watch Notting Hill! Leah and I loved picking out the places we had been and seen in the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment