Tuesday, November 17, 2009

13 octobre 2009

Momma became a student again today! On Tuesdays, my only course is the lecture: Transcontinental Hemingway. The professor, Dr. Austenfeld, is one of the people who worked very hard to establish the exchange between l’Université de Fribourg and Ole Miss. After we went to his lecture, Momma and I had lunch with Dr. Austenfeld in the Mensa. We had a great time talking with him. I think the exchange is going to be a really good thing! After lunch, Momma and I set out for Gruyères, Switzerland – a medieval village known for its Gruyères cheese and double cream. The village itself is inside of walls built between 1272 and 1280. Gruyères is exactly what I imagine when I think of a quaint Swiss village in the Alps. It’s almost too picturesque: rolling hills of green, lush farmland and vineyards, towering, snow-topped Alps, hundreds of roaming cows with bells around their necks, and then an ancient Swiss chateau surrounded by a petite village and protective walls. Switzerland is beautiful in all its fall colors right now! The trees are all brilliant oranges, reds, and yellows. Leaves are falling and piling up everywhere. J Momma and I walked all around the village, visited the chateau and cathedral, and then ended the night with Swiss fondue (the fist time for both of us)!

No comments:

Post a Comment