Tuesday, November 17, 2009

12 octobre 2009

Momma got here today!! She landed in Zurich at 7 this morning, ate breakfast, figured out her train ticket, and rode to Fribourg all while I was in class this morning. When I got out of class, I went straight to la gare and there she was! We walked back to my residence, put her things down, and then set out. We ate lunch at one of my favorite cafĂ©s just across from l’universitĂ©, Le Mondial, and then I walked her all over Fribourg. I showed her the university, old town (basse ville), the shopping district, the cathedral, the Sarine River, the many bridges… anything and everything I could think of. Momma was very, very tired due to jet lag so when I had German class from 5 to 7, she went back to my place to rest. I told her not to fall asleep though (I’ve been trained well by Lou Lou J) and try to make it to 9. After I got out of class, we went to have hummus, falafel, and Turkish wine at a Turkish restaurant on Rue de Lausanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment