Thursday, August 20, 2009

10 août 2009

I'm off! I left Columbia around 3 this afternoon. I was in Atlanta by 4:30 with six hours to kill. I couldn't believe I was about to leave - it definitely hadn't hit me yet. Leah got into Atlanta around 9:30 - it was so good to see her! We planned most of our trip Mentone to New Orleans this summer over email and the occasional night-off conversations. We landed in London around noon UK time. It took us 3, almost 4, hours to get to Lou Lou's flat in Kentishtown. I'm not sure if I would do those few hours over again - four 50 lb. rolly suitcases, 2 backpacks, and 2 pillows between the 2 of us - up and down flights of stairs in the tube stations. The Oyster (Lou Lou :-) got us there just fine though. We skyped home to report our safe arrival and then set off into the city. London is just as amazing as I remembered! I'm so excited to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment